Fetching Frieda's Doggie DayCare
The Merits of Doggie DayCare
First, let's clarify the difference between doggie daycare and dayboarding. Doggie daycare provides a safe environment where your dogs' needs for mental, physical, and social interaction with dogs and people are met. Whereas day boarding is a place where you can par your dog and his/her basic needs are provided and met. He/she will not enjoy off-leash play with other dogs or make his own play and exercise choices.
Many pet care providers offer daycare but in reality, it is actually day boarding and does nothing to stimulate your dog mentally or physically. Make sure you are getting exactly what you want.
Dogs that attend a well-planned doggie daycare program enjoy:
- The friendship and company of other dogs and people.
- Mental stimulation making them less likely to be destructive through boredom.
- Social stimulation which relieves loneliness.
- Training on basic obedience commands.
- Go home at the end of the day tired.
Benefits pet parents get from doggie daycare:
- Less stress in their lives knowing they don't have to rush home to let the dog out.
- Enjoy a better-behaved and trained dog.
- Prefer to take their dog to a playgroup rather than allow people access to their home.
- A well-exercised dog coming home happy, tired, and content.
- Knowing your dog has been in a safe place meeting his mental, physical, and social needs.